- Trained in the Hakomi Method of Psychotherapy
- 3 years as Tutor on the Hakomi Training
- Completed Training in Relationships Counselling
- Completed Training in Art Psychotherapy
- Completed course in Recovering and Expanding Erotic Life (2011)
- Diploma of Oriental Medicine (Chinese Massage) & Chi Balancing
- Meditation Practitioner since 1998
- Member of ACA (Australian Counsellors Association)
- Member of PCA (Professional Counsellors Association)
Susan has a background in general nursing and came to psychotherapy (first as a client and then as a student) following the loss of twin daughters. She has experienced many significant life events including the loss of her second husband and nursing her close friend with cervical cancer, supporting her through the dying process. Susan has also given birth to six children, and is now a grandmother of three. She has been widowed for seventeen years and has recently re-married and enjoying the richness and growth that a conscious, loving relationship has to offer.
Susan brings her life experience into her practice, and this provides a solid foundation of empathy, understanding and non-judgement, which creates a safe and soft place for her clients to fall into the awareness of love. Love is what heals! and when we begin to love ourselves we can extend that love to others and to the world around us.